Use of information
COORG HOMESTAYS LLP (“CHL”) (“us” or “we”) will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them. Examples of such information are:
Your Telephone Number
Your Email Address
Your Residence Address
Your Credit Card Details
The information collected will be used to send you the information you have requested and to provide information and services that you may have requested.
How we use the information we collect
We use Personal Information in order to provide and enhance the Products or Services offered on our Site:
- To record your travel preferences, to make reservations or acquire travel insurance on your behalf, or to communicate with you about your travel plans;
- To issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments;
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use our Site, inform you of new features on our Site, or provide other information that may be of interest to users;
- To personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience at our Site to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations;
- To send you e-mails, e-newsletters, personalized offers via direct messaging or other communications about our services, if you have subscribed or desired to receive this information or you have not advised us that you do not wish to receive such communications;
- To manage our Site, diagnose technical problems, improve content, and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our Site is as efficient as possible; To process and track your transactions and to send you information about our and our business partners’ products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you;
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or provide CHL Products or Services, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship, but only if you have granted us permission to do so or we are otherwise able to do so under applicable law;
- To evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information; to investigate, detect and protect CHL and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off, or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or For any other purpose to which you consent
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about our site visitors’ traffic patterns with partners or other parties. However, we do not sell or share any information about individual users.
To whom we disclose Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- To those travel service providers with which you make arrangements through our Site, for example; airlines, car rental, hotel, homestays ground transportation, theater, attraction, or travel insurance. We provide them with the Personal Information needed to make and complete the purchase, booking, or reservation.
- To organizations that perform services for or on behalf of CHL, for example to provide customer service, deliver tickets, ship items, process credit cards, for research, marketing, data processing, to measure the use of our Site, to facilitate usage by a Visitor, or to offer credit card services or evaluate your creditworthiness. We will share with these companies only that Personal Information which they need to work on our behalf. Some of these service providers may be located in countries outside India.
- Your Personal Information will be provided to these organizations only if they agree to use such information solely for the purpose of providing services to CHL, and under the instructions of CHL, and with respect to that information, to act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy. By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing of your data outside India.
- We may collaborate with other companies to offer you additional Products or Services, for example, through sweepstakes, raffles, and promotions. We will share Personal Information that is necessary for these other companies to provide the Products or Services that you have requested.
- To protect our Site and our rights under our Terms and Conditions of Use ; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain.
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off, or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business.
- Where the information is public.
- To our insurers and to regulatory agencies.
Disclosure without consent
Please note that there are circumstances where the use or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted, or where CHL may be obligated to disclose information without consent. Such circumstances may include:
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with the rules or court relating to the production of records.
- If we receive a formal request to disclose your Personal Information in connection with a legal action, we will attempt to contact you about it, if permitted by law, via the e-mail address you provided during registration, before we respond to that request.
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
- To a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health, or security of an identifiable person or group.
- Where it is necessary to collect monies owing to us.
If we have entered into an agreement with your employer to provide data on the Purchase of Products or Services by its personnel, and if you, or someone acting on your behalf, Purchase(s) Products or Services through CHL and indicate(s) that your purchase is for corporate travel purposes either (a) by indicating in the booking path that the Purchase is for business travel or (b) by using a corporate credit card, we will provide your employer with the Personal Information necessary so that it can track your corporate travel purchased through our Site.
In order to protect national security, and to ensure travel security, the Government of India and other governments may request access to passenger name records, which typically includes name, flight origin, flight destination, flight time, duration of flight,bus or train timings, seat location, travel agent, hotel, resort, homestay, form of payment, credit card numbers, travel itinerary, address, telephone number and meal requests. In response to such request, CHL and/or its providers will give access to all the information you provide at the time of making your reservation to the applicable government agencies of the countries to or from which you are traveling.